Monday, November 19, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut Squash Soup


 
Start with a diced onion, I think this is just half a large onion
 
Dice a whole apple. I used a honey crisp
 
Sauté apple and onion together with salt and pepper for a couple min
 
Then add the diced butternut squash, I used about 4 cups
 
Sauté for a few minutes and then add 4 cups of chicken stock
 
Cook till tender about 20 min or so
 No pics but I added some cinnamon about 1 tsp and about 1 TBL of curry powder also salt and pepper as I tasted.
  
IF you have a nifty immersion blender use that to blend it all up if not use your blender. Be careful though cause hot liquid wants to spew out of the blender.
 

Its good like this or you can add about 1/4 C-1/2C of half and half if you like it a little creamy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment