Monday, November 19, 2012

Mustard and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Mustard and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin 

 
 
Mix Coarse 3-4 TBLS Ground Mustard with a heaping TBLS fresh chopped Rosemary
 
Spread on pork tenderloin and add plenty of black pepper
Sear meat on all sides
 
Put the meat in the crockpot and then I added about 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth to the pan just to deglaze it, no need to reduce it. Add the broth to the crockpot set on low for 6-8hours. I actually had mine going for 10 hours and almost all my liquid was gone.
 
***You can also roast this in the oven for about 30 min
 
When you get home make a quick veggie and or side and dinner will be ready in 10-15 min
I was hoping to have some sauce in the crockpot but since it was almost all gone I just mixed up a couple TBLS of the coarse grain mustard with a TBL so chicken stock and popped in the microwave for 30 seconds and used that.
 
I served this with risotto style Israeli couscous.
If you read my risotto recipe the technique is the same only it doesn't take as long. IT only takes about 10 min.
 
I sautéed a little bit of minced onion and then added a couple cloves of minced garlic and my couscous
Mix the couscous for a couple min and let it start to get own then add about 1/4 cup of chicken stock. IT will steam up and absorb this in less than a minute. Then continue adding stock in small amounts and stirring till it's absorbed. I tasted it after my 4th addition had been absorbed and it was ready after the 6th addition. I add about 1/4 cup at a time. You can also make it according to the package directions but this makes for a really creamy delicious couscous and it's much faster than risotto!  
Finished couscous
 
TADA
 


No comments:

Post a Comment