Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spicy (as you like it) Yogurt marinated Chicken

 

Spicy (as you like it) Yogurt Marinated Chicken.

 
 
 
In a bowl add this much Turmeric
 
This pic is hard to figure out but it's red pepper flakes. (My chicken wasn't that spicy so if you want you can add more than this) Or add some hot sauce or something.
 This much Paprika
This much garlic powder

Mix together with Plain Greek Yogurt. I used the whole 6oz cup
It will look like this.
Season with plenty of salt and pepper.

 Cut up your chicken into big bite sizes

 Combine chicken with yogurt mixture and chill for at least 15 min or so. It's not gonna be a disaster if it's already 6:00 and your family is hungry and you throw this in the oven right away.
 
I spread the chicken out on a foil lined cookie sheet and cooked at the highest my temp my oven would go. I had it on 500 but it started smoking so I lowered it to 450. I cooked it for about 12min or so. But depending on how big your pieces are and how hot your oven is your time will vary. Set your timer for 10-12 min and then test a piece to see if it's ready or if you need a few more minutes.
 
I served this with lemon and parsley couscous. No recipe, just cook your couscous, or rice or quinoa and add lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped parsley. Something with citrus and lite tasting goes well with this.
Alternatively, You could leave the chicken whole, grill it, or skewer it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment