Saturday, October 13, 2012

Taco Soup

 

Taco Soup

 
 
Dice this much onion (1 medium size onion)
 
 
Get onion started in pan with a little bit of oil then add about 1LB Ground beef or Turkey
 
 
Once meat is cooked add 2TBL of my taco seasoning mix:
(2TBL Chili Powder
1TBL Cumin Powder
1TBL Garlic Powder) I keep this on hand and use if for a lot of things.
 
Then add a heaping TBL of fresh minced garlic and some salt and pepper to taste.
IF you like it a little spicy add 1 or 2 whole minced jalapenos. I sometimes add 1 jalapeno but I didn't have any.
 
Stir the garlic into the meat for about 30seconds and then add a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
You can also use plain diced tomatoes if you can't find fire roasted or use some salsa or rotel.
 
Then add a beef broth/stock...about 4 cups and a can of black beans or whatever beans you like.
 
Simmer over medium-medium high heat for at least 30 min or longer if you have time and like it a little thicker. Taste it and add more salt, pepper, or the seasoning mix if you think it needs it. This is just a basic recipe so add more spice if you like, add corn or anything else you can think of.
 
 

Toppings

Slice an Avocado in half
 
 slice thin strips vertically
 
 
Then horizontally
 
 
Then you can scoop out the pieces with a spoon pretty easily
 
 
Lime flavored plain greek yogurt or sour cream.
 
Squeeze half a lime into yogurt
 
I also like chopped cilantro and shredded cheese in mine.
Add whatever you like, raw onions, jalapeno. etc...
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to make this because I NEVER like any taco soup recipes that I make. They have no flavor. But I go to other people's houses and they are awesome. IDK what it is lol. And slicing an avocado is my all-time favorite thing to do in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete