Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vegetarian or not Black Bean and Corn Lasagna

OR

Mexican Lasagna



 
Saute this much onion, I used red/purple whatever you call them. It's about 1/2 a medium size onion.
 
Once they are cooked (5min or so) I added some frozen fire roasted corn.
I added equal amounts of corn and black beans probably about 1 1/2cup-2 cups of each.
Turn the heat off right away. The beans and corn are already cooked you just need to mix them with the onion. Add salt and pepper and this much chili powder.
I used corn tortilla's but you can use flour if you prefer or you can buy the crispy flat things...What are they called? While I was doing everything above I was crisping up my corn tortillas in the oven.
Spray a baking pan and lay down your 1st layer of tortillas then top them with a little verde sauce.
 
Then the black bean and corn mixture.
 
Then some rotel. You can really use whatever you have, salsa and sour cream would be good instead. This is what I had so it's what I used.
Then some cheddar cheese
Repeat
 
I threw this in a 350 degree oven for 15 min.
OPTIONS if you can't wait the 15 min: Do Quesdillas instead of lasagna
Stuff the filling and sauces in the tortilla and make Tacos
Mexican Pizza on those crispy flat things
Of coarse it doesn't have to be vegetarian...Add some chicken, ground beef, or pork if you want it.
I would seasonwith chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder (salt and pepper goes without saying right?)
 
I made some Guacamole to go with this and hubby also topped his with some sourcream.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment