Monday, September 17, 2012

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

 

Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.

Bring to a boil, remove the lid to the pan

Continue cooking until the potatoes are fork tender.

If you cut the potatoes in small pieces it should take 12-15 minutes.

 

Drain the potatoes but keep the burner on and add in Butter! NOT MARGARINE. It's not the same! You don't have to add the whole stick. This isn't Paula Dean! 2Tablespoons is plenty.

 
Once it gets melty add in chopped garlic. Please use fresh, the jar stuff really doesn't taste the same. I can't be held responsible for your results if you use the jar stuff.
 
I added plenty of salt and pepper at this point.
Then add about 1/4 cup of half and half or heavy cream or a heft TBL or 2 of sour cream. I use whatever dairy I have on hand.
 
 
Then add the potatoes and remove from heat and start mashing. I like my potatoes chunky but if you are used to using the mixer for smoother potatoes go ahead and do that. ***Tip for anytime you are making mashed potatoes it's always best to melt your butter and cream and then add it to the potatoes instead of adding it in cold.
 
 
I served this with The Best Roast...Ever
but it's great whenver you want some good mashed potatoes.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment