Friday, August 17, 2012

Easy and Gluten Free Sole Meuniere


Typically this dish is done on the stove top and the fish is dredged in flour which creates a nice and delicious crust! However gluten free means no flour...I also opted to try and bake the fish instead of sauteing. The verdict is I should have put it under the broiler so it would have gotten a little bit crispy. Honestly I thought that's what I was doing but I turned the bake on instead of broil.


Anyway...salt and pepper your fish on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake or preferrably Broil for anywhere from 8-12 min depending on how thick your fish is. I happened to have Sole but I usually use tilapia.


Into a little saute pan put about 1TBLS of butter (please don't use margarine, I don't care if they can't believe it's not butter, its NOT butter!) a drizzle of olive oil, a couple cloves of chopped up garlic, some lemon  zest, and some chopped fresh thyme and parsley.



Once it's all melted and you can smell the garlic (a min or 2) add the juice of half a lemon.

Once the fish is done pour this "sauce" over the fish and tada!
I served this with some roasted asparagus drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and some fresh chopped garlic. Roasted for about 10 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment