Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gluten Free Meatballs or Meatloaf

Gluten free Meatballs or Meatloaf



Cut this much onion and garlic


Saute onions until transclucent then add garlic and turn off heat within 30 seconds. (Garlic does not take long to cook)


Once cooled add to 1lb ground beef


Add: salt, pepper, dried italian seasoning,  and garlic powder

Add 1 beaten egg


 Add cheese I used Goat Cheese



Get your hands in there and mix it all up


Make your balls! I like to make mine a big TBL size


Roll in your hand and line up on a foil lined sheet pan


If you meatballs are about my size bake for 15 min at 375F, then let them sit out for about 3 min or so before removing them from the pan so they set a little since they don't have any breadcrumbs.


Basic Tomato Sauce

Cut this much onion and garlic


saute the onions and then add garlic


Add about 1/2 cup of red wine ( you can substitute beef stock)


Once the wine is reduced add 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes and 1 can of tomato paste.


Add this much dried italian seasoning


And this much garlic powder


And salt and pepper. Stir together and taste. I added another handful of each.

I like my sauce to be a little creamy so I added half a 15oz tub of ricotta cheese. I've also been known to add about 1/2 cup of half and half or cream, you could also add plain greek yogurt.


Stir to combine and you can leave as is or blend it up if you don't like the chunks. I used my immersion blender but you could use a regular blender. Just be careful and pulse it because it will spew out at you.



No comments:

Post a Comment