Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stuffed Zucchini


Saute 1 diced up onion



Add 1LB Ground Beef



Once Beef is cooked at this much garlic


Then add about 1/4 cup of either red wine or beef stock
and 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes. I only had 1 can so I went with that.


Add this much dried Italian seasoning


And this much garlic powder

For a little kick add some red pepper flakes
of coarse add salt and pepper and taste and adjust seasoning.
Set aside.

Totally optional but I really like Tarragon in my tomato sauce so I chopped some up.

I also chopped some fresh basil.



Cut Zucchini lengthwise and with a spoon gently scoop out some of the flesh.


Line up zucchini in baking pan and sprinkle with cheese. I've used everything from blue cheese to cheddar. Today I used goat cheese.


Spoon sauce in the zucchini boats and sprinkle with more cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 min



No comments:

Post a Comment