Monday, August 13, 2012

Healthy Asian Stirfry



Healthy Asian Stirfry





Gather as many different types of vegetables as you have/like
I used zuchinni, baby eggplant, green beans, onions, carrots, and broccoli


I peeled my carrots into ribbons like this so they would cook fast and also cause I thought they looked pretty. I just used my regular peeler and kept on peeling.



I used 1 small onion.  I cut in half and then thinly sliced half moons.

To make the peanut soy sauce I used my immersion blender, you can use your food processor if you don't have one. I put in 2 cloves of garlic.

1 heaping teaspoon of peanutbutter

5 teaspoons of soy sauce. ( I ended up drizzling a little more soy sauce on top of my plate but I like soy sauce, remember it's just a guideline)

I added 3 teaspoons of sesame oil


This much fresh ginger. I gave it a quick rough chop to help my immersion blender. (remember to peel the ginger first)

It came from a piece this big.

Then I added a few leaves of Thai Basil, just cause I had it. You can add nothing or I've added a little cilantro in the past.


The juice of 1 lime

Mix it all up good, taste it and add more soy, peanut butter or whatever your taste tells you.
P.S. You can also use this sauce/dressing in an Asian slaw or Asian Salad or as a marinade for grilled chicken.

Then heat your pan up over high heat. Once the pan is hot add some olive oil and then add your sliced chicken. Salt and pepper your chicken


Cook your chicken for about 4 min or so until it's almost completly cooked, then remove it from the pan and add your veg.

Salt and pepper your veg and toss it all together then add a little bit of chicken stock to help "steam" it. I cooked my veg about 3-4 min after I added the stock and then added the chicken back in.

I then added my carrot ribbons cause they only take 1-2 min.


Once those were getting tender I added my sauce and tossed to combine.

You can serve this over rice, quinoa, or wide egg noodles or eat it like we did just plain. (we are doing a month of gluten and sugar free)






No comments:

Post a Comment